The NW400 is an automated fundus camera manufactured by Topcon. It makes a great addition to a Unified office and is fairly easy to set up.
The NW400 can be set to export to a shared drive and ImageAnywhere can monitor that drive and import the images.
- NW400 → Ethernet cable attached to port on the side of the instrument
- Computer → USB to Ethernet adapter should be plugged into the USB port of the computer OR Ethernet cable should be directly plugged into the computer (if available)
- Ethernet cable from the NW400 should be plugged into the adapter that is plugged into the computer.
On the Computer:
- ImageAnywhere should be downloaded from the windows store
- Inbox in ImageAnywhere set to C:\unified_imaging\inbox
- A folder should be created in C:\unified_imaging\inbox\nw400 (create the NW400 folder)
- This folder should be made a shared folder with Read/Write permissions enabled for the local user to the computer
- Usually, it is good practice to make a user called "unified" with password "unified"
- Make sure in the network settings, the appropriate shared properties are turned on
- The computer should be connected through the ethernet port to the NW400. This adapter should be given the IP: 10.1.1.2 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Note: Windows 10 users will need to enable SMB 1.0 in Windows Features
On the NW400:
- Click and hold the settings button (should be two tools crossing each other in the top right corner of the home screen
- Enter the Serial number of the unit when prompted for a password (this is found on the side of the unit on the bottom.. should be a silver sticker with a SN on it)
- Go to page 4, network settings.
- Set the IP to 10.1.1.1
- Set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0
- Go to page 5, go to the "standalone" tab
- for the shared folder path put in: //10.1.1.2/nw400
- Shared folder user should be: unified
- Shared folder password should be: unified
- Click the "verify" button in the top right corner, should say Verification; OK
- If verification: NG --> try to restart the NW400, the network settings may not have taken effect. Repeat the steps for tab 5. retry verification.