The ImageAnywhere app for windows is a native windows 8.1 and 10 application that sends images to the Unified Cloud. The windows app is primarily used to capture data and is used for integrating with the instruments in a practice. CloudCAM and connect kits use the Windows app exclusively for sending information to the cloud.
This app can be downloaded from the windows store. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/imageanywhere/9wzdncrdn1cs
The app should be located on the taskbar of the computer/tablet or as a link on the desktop.
- Enter username and password in the appropriate fields.
- App will connect to the cloud and sign in
Create a patient
- From the home screen, enter the following information:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Middle name (optional)
- EMR ID (patient Acuity number)
- Date of birth
- Select “add”
- The patient is now created and the user is brought to the newly created patient chart.
Select an Existing patient
- Tap or click on a patient in the “patients seen recently” list
- Search for a patient using the fields on the left and click “search”
- Tap or click on desired patient to be taken to the patient chart
Save a test
Auto-save: This is the default way of getting images into the Unified System.
- Print or save image from the instrument
- Image will be processed by ImageAnywhere and will automatically create a patient or save the image to an existing patient.
- Auto save will use the Patient ID to match if available, it is important that the patient id in all instruments is the same as the acuity logic patient ID.
- Autosave currently works with:
- HFA non i
- HFA i series
- Cirrus 4000
- Cirrus 400
- Cirrus 500
- Cirrus 5000
- Zeiss Visucam
- Optos Daytona
- Optos A1010
- Stratus OCT 3000 (version 6.0 and above)
- Optovue ivue
- Topcon 3DOCT 2000 (coming soon)
- Topcon KR8000 (coming soon)
Manual: For use when auto-save is not available for an instrument.
- While in a patient chart:
- Send image to ImageAnywhere
- (option 1) Select the “action” button in the bottom right corner
- Select “save all” to save all unsaved images
- Select “save” to only save the image selected.
- (option 2) Right click (or “long click”) on an image
- Select “save all” from the context menu to save all images
- Select “save selected” from the context menu to save selected images.
- On save image screen:
- Select the appropriate eye for each image
- Select the device
- Select Save
Images can be viewed and managed from within the patient chart. When first entering a patient chart, all images for that patient will be displayed in the thumbnail bar. Images can be selected for viewing by either selecting an individual image or selecting the date to display all images for that date.
- The zoom mode can be toggled by selecting the “zoom” button on the action bar. There are two options:
- Grid zoom: Treats the image viewing area as one large, zoomable grid.
- Image zoom: Treats each image as it’s own zoomable surface. This is ideal for zooming on images individually.
- Sync view is only possible in “Image Zoom” mode to enable syncing of images:
- Select the images to be synced
- Right click or “long click” on an image and select “synchronize” in the context menu.
- Zoom or move an image, any other images that are selecting will move in sync.
- Add filters
- Select an image
- Right click or “long click”
- Select “open”
- Apply filters as desired
- To save a filter, select “actions” in the bottom right corner
- Select “save”, a copy of the image will be saved to the patient chart.
- Images can be set to export to a predetermined location or exported to user specified location on each export.
- To set a predetermined location:
- Select the “more” button at the top right corner of the app
- Select “settings” then “options”
- In the export section, select the desired export location
- (optional) Select “auto export saved images” to export any saved images automatically to the export location.
- Right click or long click on an image
- In the context menu, select “export”
- If a there is a preset option for export, the image will be exported there
- If there is no preset option, user will be asked for desired export location.
- In the patient chart, select the “add” button at the top right area.
- Select “import”
- Navigate to the destination that contains the image to added
- Select the desired image
- Select “open” to add the image to the patient chart
- Select the “action” button and save the image to the patient chart.
Transfer images to different patient:
- Right click on a selected image (or select multiple images)
- In the context menu select “transfer selected”
- On the transfer images screen:
- Select the patient on the right that images should be transferred to
- Select the images to be transferred
- Update the images property fields to match correct date and device and eye
- Select “transfer”
- Images will be transferred to newly selected patient.
Modify image data:
- Image Data is modified through the transfer image process. Simply follow the steps for transferring images, but instead of transferring to a new patient, transfer to the same patient.
Delete an Image(s):
- Right click on an image
- In the context menu, select “delete selected”
- Confirm decision to delete
The Web app allows users to view and share images from anywhere, on any device that has access to a web browser.
The url for the web app is: https://unified.gallery
In the Chrome browser, the web app can be added to the desktop as an “app”:
- Go to the tools menu (little hamburger menu in the top right corner of the browser):
- Select “more tools”
- Select “add to desktop” (make sure to check open in new window).
- Type in username and password
- Select “login”
View a patient
- Patients can be viewed in two ways, through a live updated activity feed and through a manual search.
- Activity today:
- Select the search box
- A side drawer will open from the left hand side of the screen displaying a list of any patients that have had images added during the current day
- Select a patient by tapping or clicking on the name
- Select the search box and start typing a patient name
- List of found patients will be returned
- Select the desired patient by tapping or clicking on the patient name.
Image viewing and manipulation
- All images for a patient are displayed in the thumbnail bar, to view individual images:
- Select an image by tapping or clicking on it in the thumbnail bar
- Select a date by tapping or clicking on it to select all images for that date to be displayed
- To zoom and pan on an image:
- The zoom function is activated by default, if other tools have been used, pressing the “magnifying glass” icon will bring back the zoom functionality
- (With Mouse): Right click on an image and pull (drag) in any direction
- (With Touch Screen): Use two fingers to pinch and zoom on the image
- The pan function is activated by default, if other tools have been used, pressing the “4 arrows” icon will bring back the pan function.
- (With Mouse): Left click on an image and pull(drag) cursor (which ever direction pan is desired)
- (With Touch Screen): Simply tap and move the image.
- Brightness and contrast:
- Select the “gear” icon in the image toolbar
- (With Mouse) left click and drag the cursor:
- Up and down will increase and decrease brightness
- Left and right will increase and decrease contrast
- Image tagging:
- You can add notes to an image by selecting the “tag” icon
- Enter notes and click the “+” to associate them with the image
- To change how many images are displayed in a view
- In the thumbnail bar, select either 1,2,4 or 8 to change the amount of images displayed at once
- When a patient is selected, a blue share button is displayed in the top right corner
- Select the share button
- Enter the email of the doctor to share the patient with.
- The doctor will receive an email and be able to log in and view the entire shared patient chart.