Before all else -->Run the official Google test:
This is a page created by Google (not by us). If it can't see your camera and microphone, Google is saying something is wrong with your browser.
- Go to https://test.webrtc.org
- Click the green button
Check both your browser and operating systems settings
When you click on your cam/mic buttons, are you getting a blocked message or otherwise having issues getting your camera to work?
If so, your camera could be blocked by either (1) your browser or (2) Operating System. No worries though, you can learn how to fix this below!
To unblock your camera/mic follow these steps:
- Click the camera icon — in your browsers address bar, top right
- Make sure that "Always allow" is selected
- Click done
- Refresh your browser
Chrome users see this. (If you need help with other browsers, go here. But make sure to come back!!)
macOS users — check Systems Preferences
PLEASE check for Systems Updates! This Lifewire post is helpful.
Do you have a program that automatically opens at startup, which uses your camera?
- Some programs, when auto-starting, do not close cleanly and can still claim access to the camera even after they're closed.
- Try to turn off any applications that may control your camera on startup. Rebooting is also a good way to clear things out!
Do you have ad blockers or browser extensions installed?
- Try Incognito mode. An extension might be blocking access to your camera.
👉If you haven't already...REBOOT your computer. Sometimes we all need a little reset, feel free to catch a breath in solidarity with your machine
Need more help? Just contact us.